Cool Down with Summer Sorbets
Sorbets are so versatile and easy to make, plus the possibilities for flavors really are endless. There's nothing more refreshing on a hot summer day than a fresh bowl of iced fruit flavors, combined with vitamins and minerals - perfect for kids and adults alike!
We've taken some of our favorite drinks and gels and combined these with fresh fruits and spices to maximize flavors. Now, we dare you to get creative in the kitchen and whip up these icy treats.
1. Vanilla Forever Lite Ultra - This plant-powered, soy-based protein is packed with vital vitamins and minerals. It's gluten free, low in saturated fat and can be used to make a creamy dessert the whole family will love.
2. Aloe Blossom Herbal Tea - This calming and refreshing caffeine-free herbal tea is naturally low in calories and tastes amazing when combined with honey and lemon.
3. ARGI+ - You'll enjoy its refreshing berry flavor even more when you realize it's also high in vitamins C, D, B6, B12 and folate.
4. Blueberry Acai Lemon JOOST - Every exotic, fruit-infused drop is high in vitamins B6, B12, folic acid and vitamin C, all of which help contribute to a healthy immune system.
5. Forever Aloe Bits N' Peaches - What better way to sneak your kids their Aloe intake than in the guise of a delicious sorbet? Nutritious Aloe Vera, plus the antioxidant punch of peaches, is the perfect support for your digestive system and known to be great for gastrointestinal and immune health.
These three fruit-based recipes will fast become favorites in your home and offer a great way to increase your fruit intake. Apple Protein is creamier than a regular sorbet, but we couldn't resist adding it in - its nostalgic flavor is so delightful, you won't want to put down your spoon.
Kiwi Lime Freeze
• 6 kiwis, peeled
Peel and chop the kiwis and freeze for 4-6 hours. Thaw for 10 - 15 minutes before stirring in Joost. Use a stick mixer of frozen dessert maker* (such as a Yonanas machine) to churn the ingredients, and eat immediately.
Recipe adapted from yonanas.com.
Peel, de-stone and chop up the mango and place in a freezable tub. Add the Forever Aloe Bits N' Peaches, lemon juice, zest and Joost to the tub and stir with the mango before freezing overnight. When ready to serve, place the mixture through a frozen desert machine* (such as a Yonanas machine) and eat immediately. Garnish with coconut shavings before serving.
Method adapted from yonanas.com.
Mix together the Forever Lite Ultra with the almond milk until smooth. Dice the apple and leave half on a plate. Add the remaining apple and the mixed Forever Lite Ultra to a blender along with all the other ingredients and blend until thick and smooth. Pour into a large bowl and stir in the the saved apple pieces. Place bowl in the freezer for 1.5 hours and stir every 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from nutritionistinthekitch.com.
*If you don't have an ice-cream maker, simply place the mixed ingredients straight into the freezer and stir regularly until frozen. Once frozen, blast quickly in a blender to create a smoother consistency.
An ice-cream maker is not essential, but it can speed up the process and make it even easier, so if you want sorbets to be a regular addition to your freezer drawer, an ice-cream maker or Yonanas machine is definitely worth the investment. Either way, these recipes are all super simple and perfect for making with kids!
Super Chilled Tea
Pour the water in a small saucepan and place over a medium heat. Add the sugar and stir until it dissolves, leave to simmer for 5 minutes to create syrup then transfer to the fridge to cool. Zest a lemon before cutting it in half to juice; add both the juice and zest to the syrup. Leave the Aloe Blossom Herbal Tea to brew so that the water is infused with its delicate aromas. Place in the fridge and once chilled, stir the brewed tea into lemon-infused syrup. Pour the mixture into an ice-cream maker* and churn until frozen (time may vary depending on machine); move to freezer once complete. Serve with a drizzle of Forever Bee Honey and garnish with cinnamon sticks.
Add the blueberries, sugar, Forever Bee Honey, lemon zest and juice into a large bowl; stir to mix the ingredients together before mashing with a potato masher. Place the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. Sieve into a bowl (press the mixture through to ensure maximum juice) and stir in a made-up Argi+. Store in fridge for at least an hour before adding to an ice-cream maker*. Serve sorbet with fresh blueberries and a sprig of mint.
Recipe adapted from simplyrecipes.com.
Recipe adapted from yonanas.com.
*If you don’t have an ice-cream maker, simply place the mixed ingredients straight into the freezer and stir regularly until frozen. Once frozen, blast quickly in a blender to create a smoother consistency.